How to apply
The Academy is a membership-based programme at the University of Hong Kong. Members are academically elite secondary school students from all over the world. Membership is by invitation. Selected secondary schools in Hong Kong and abroad are invited to nominate top ranking students for the Academy’s consideration.
First-round: December 1 to December 31, 2021
Second-round: March 28 to July 1, 2022
HKU Academy for the Talented invites secondary school students who are currently studying Form 2-6 in local curriculum, or Grade 9-12 from international curriculum and have outstanding performance or achievements in the following areas to join the scheme:
- STEM (e.g., Mathematics, Science, Informatics Competitions/Olympiad)
- Innovations (e.g., Robotics or Business Competitions)
- Language and Debate (e.g. Writing Competitions, MUN, Mooting Competitions)
- Music (e.g International Competitions)
- Sports (e.g International Competitions)
- Community Services (e.g Awards received from Community services)
If you are interested to become our Academy members to enjoy the exclusive opportunities, please complete the TALENT SEARCH application form HERE*, and provide supporting documents to demonstrate your talents. (e.g. personal statements, awards and certificates) Your applications will be reviewed by our committee. A meet-up session might be required.
*Click to view one of the documents you will need to prepare for your Talent Search application. After you log in to our application system, please choose ACT2022 and upload necessary documents such as your transcripts and so on.
- Please note that Talent Search is for the intake of new members. Current members of the Academy DO NOT need to apply for Talent Search.
There is no membership fee to become Academy members.